I heard a sermon over the past few days, and the preacher was talking about being good enough to be forgiven by God.
He said that when we say we don't feel like we are good enough, it can sound like we are being modest, but actually we are believing a lie.
As Christians we are good enough because we belong to Jesus and we live in Him and He was good enough.
Got that? We can never be good enough to deserve anything from God, never ever, and we can never be good enough to deserve to be forgiven. But we are forgiven, why?
Jesus Christ lived a perfect life and died and rose again, and when we believe in Him, its as if the live He lived becomes our life, so we are good enough to be forgiven because He was good enough.
And anyone can ask for forgiveness - God has promised that we will be forgiven if only we will ask for it.
So today I'm grateful for
- Not needing to be good enough because He is good enough
- A really good nights sleep in a warm comfortable bed
- Beautiful sunny days with glorious sunsets
- Safety during travelling
- A lovely rest with my husband
- Prospect of long weekend next week (love bank holidays!)
- New books waiting to be read
- Hospitality of friends and family
What are you grateful for today?