Monday 12 April 2010

An Introduction, An Explanation and An Apology

Welcome to my little corner of the web, and thanks so much for stopping by.

By way of introduction, let me first say that I want this blog to be to the glory of God, the one who is alone responsible for the beauty we can find in every day if only we will look for it.

By way of explanation, I have named my blog deliberately. Beauty is defined as:
"The quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind."

It might be difficult to believe that we can find pleasure and satisfaction in everyday things, or in each and every day. I certainly struggle to find that beauty and satisfaction, but I believe it's there if only we would look for it, and ask God to help us see it and find it.

I'm tired of living my life as though it were a chore or something that has to be done and got through as quickly as possible. I only have one life to live, and when its over I don't want to look back and wish that I could change how I'd done it. I want to find beauty in every day I live, and I'm asking God to help me find that beauty.

Finally my apology. I apologise for posting simply as Beauty Seeker, but there are issues that I believe God has laid on my heart to post about that mean I don't want to be identified. I am a shy, quiet person and I would prefer to remain anonymous, at least for the time being. I will share more about myself at a later date - I have so many posts in my mind I could keep going for days!

Today, when I look outside its a glorious day, blue skies and sunshine, and so easy to see the beauty, it reminds me of this verse from Psalm 19
"The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork."
Wherever you are today, I pray that God will reveal some of His beauty to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them all.