Tuesday 13 April 2010

I feel like a hypocrite

Because its really easy to write on your blog about wanting to glorify God with your blog, and by extension your life, but its really hard to then go and live it.

Take last night for example.

I had finished my second post yesterday, and less than an hour afterwards, went out with my husband in the car. We were trying to turn right out of a junction, and just because a woman wouldn’t let us out, I looked at her and mouthed “stupid cow”

Thankfully she didn’t see me.

But that’s not the point.

My husband heard me, and more importantly God knows what I did. How ungracious, unloving and unchristian can I get? Ugh, I really hate that I can write about glorifying God one minute, and then turn around and act like that the next.

No matter what I post about, I’m still a sinner. Yes, I’m a forgiven sinner, but still a sinner. So I guess I want to clear that up right now, no matter how my posts may come across to others, I am no more perfect than any other person on the planet. And to be honest, most of the time I feel like I must be the worst example of a Christian

The whole point of the Christian life is to show Jesus and His beauty to other people. And while that woman couldn’t have known that I was a Christian, that’s irrelevant.

I don’t want to be like that, I want to be loving, and gracious, and more Christ-like. I want to show others how amazing it can be to know Him and live for Him. I know that on earth I’ll never be perfect, but my prayer is that I will grow more like Him day by day.

And for me, that starts with truly loving others around me, because as the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

According to the Bible, love is more important than anything else. It was because of love that Jesus died on the cross to save me from my sin, and you from your sin.

And love is the most beautiful thing in the world. I think if we got the love bit of our lives right, most of the rest of it would come a lot easier than it does.

So today, how can you (and how can I) show a bit more love to those around us? Even other motorists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them all.